Friday, April 4, 2014

Christmas comes early

As promised, I'll be sharing every little detail of this project with you.
As the title suggests - its time to go shopping!!!

Here's a snapshot of my shopping cart for today:



Now for a quick explanation of the parts in my cart:


  • Raspberry Pi Model B Enhanced Kit - Contains 1 model B board, one USB power supply, clear case(that I'll probably never use), 8 gig card preloaded with OS, mini keyboard, mini mouse. Why am I getting a keyboard and mouse you ask? Because, before I can start programming my raspberry pi over SSH through my mac, I must plug it in and get the ssh packages, do the setup etc.
  • Wi-Pi - Just a cheap wireless adapter. A LOT of pi users prefer the Edimax (about the same price)
  • Raspberry Pi Camera Board - I'm excited for this. As the name says, its a camera, on a board
  • 4 port USB hub - Because I need to plugin my wifi, USB keyboard, mouse (and maybe other things, who knows!). And I'm sure I can re-provision the hub to something else in my apartment
Total - 145$

The next post might be closer to when everything is delivered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment